Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

REVIEW: My first encounter with THRESHOLD by Target...LOVE

The excitement was palpable. Like so many others, I had been eagerly waiting for the opening of Target in Ontario with great anticipation. I mean, who doesn’t love Target, and how many times have we, Canucks, crossed the border to check out the store?  There’s just something about it, right? When I found out that some stores opened up last week, I just HAD to make a visit over the weekend ( even if it meant having to drive like 2 towns away to get to the nearest opened location!) I could hardly contain my excitement when I finally got to the store. This was a grand moment, and I was so giddy.  And let me tell you, it was well worth the drive, as I fell in love...with Threshold.

I was completely blown away by the new Target brand. As I hadn’t heard about it before, I had no idea what this was.  My first stop was in the bedding section, and what caught my eye were these beautiful bedding – the prints were gorgeous, the colours so yummy, and bonus, it was organic. And this is when I was introduced to Threshold. I mean, the packaging alone was so beautiful – so simple, but perfectly elegant at the same time.  I’m a sucker for pretty packaging, and fonts, and this one had me at hello. You could feel the quality, the design – which is so fitting to their tag line: Quality & Design.  I just wanted to grab everything – the blue green floral bedding, the grey ikat, the pink and grey floral, and so many more. I literally raided what was left – and didn’t get some other duvet covers because they ran out of King size. How could I pass them up? I love a beautiful bed, and these were right up my alley and totally reasonably priced.  See what I mean below?

 

After my excitement in the bedding section, I was met with more goodies in the lighting section. This is when I realized Threshold was a collection that extended to other products , not just limited to bedding.  Hallelujah. Again, I was taken by the selection of pretty lamp bases and totally on- trend lamp shades of every style.  I love that you could mix and match to your heart’s desire, and I still couldn’t believe that this was all offered at Target?!  All these decorating redesigns of my home were rushing through my head. I had to contain myself from going overboard, so I decided to be reasonable and only picked a new beautiful blue lampshade, which had this rustic vintage feel, and selected a wooden lamp base to go with it. These would be going in our guest room (really the grandparents’ room), to coordinate with the new blue green floral bedding I had picked out earlier. Oh, how lovely this was coming together already!  Just thinking about the freshened room in my head made me smile even more.

And then there were so many other beautiful accessories, stools, pillows, candles, dinnerware, etc.   I was literally feeling like a kid in a candy store. I wanted EVERYTHING! They did such a good job with the displays in the stores, and I loved also how they showcased the Threshold products in a home environment on the product’s package, so you could imagine how it would feel and look like in your space. Kudos to the creative team - very well done, and in such a sophisticated way. It gave me so many ideas and I was trying to be discreet, snapping pictures with my phone of the package photo so I could remember how to style things at home.  I know, I’m crazy like that but it’s an awesome visual to have.

I could have spent more hours in the store if it wasn’t for my daughter telling me she was hungry – poor girl, it was well past lunch time, and I was so enchanted with all the goodies that I totally didn’t realize how late it was.  We would definitely have to come back – and very soon.

After I returned home, I looked up more information about Threshold and sure enough, it is the new Target home brand – which was in the making for awhile, but is making its full force debut as we speak.  I also came upon this tv ad for it. Fantastic. Captures the spirit of Spring beautifully, don’t you think?

I also love this ad spread, which I found here -  it’s so well styled and fresh, and makes me want to infuse my home with all those pretty things! I can’t wait for my next visit!!  They say first impressions are everything, and I’m totally crushing over Threshold’s Spring collection. In my opinion, it’s a total home run as a first introduction on Canadian grounds.  But don’t just take my word for it, and check it out yourself if you’re lucky enough to have a location popping up in your area. I have a feeling my love affair with Target/ Threshold is just going to keep on getting better - and I couldn’t be happier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment