Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

J Crew necklaces - my best kept secret

When it comes to shopping, there are things that I'm willing to spend extra money on, and there are things like accessories, which I can't justify spending a fortune on. I have no issues with handbags, but for costume jewelry, I just can't bring myself to dish it out. But we all know how that extra piece of accessory can totally finish off your look like nothing else. Take J Crew for example, whenever I see their store displays, I'm mainly attracted to the jewelry that they coordinated with the outfits. If you take that piece out, the outfit becomes so plain, but add that statement necklace, and bam, you've got a completely different look, so chic and finished.

I've always coveted the J Crew necklaces, but never wanted to spend so much - especially being in Canada, it's ridiculous how much more the same item costs. For some months now, I've been on the hunt to find affordable alternatives, and today I'm about to share with you the 2 best sources for your J Crew statement necklaces. Turns out, there are a whole lot of people selling J Crew inspired necklaces online, and of course, at a bargain price! ;)

My 2 favorite sources are Etsy and Ali Express. Type in "statement necklace" or "J Crew necklace" and you'll see tons of results (you can even find Kate Spade, Stella & Dot, etc).You have to be careful though, there are different levels of quality for the same items, so it's really up to you to decide what you're comfortable with. I try to get the best/ most authentic ones, and even though the pieces are pricier than some other, you're still saving a bundle compared to the retail price in the store, and you're guaranteed a better quality. Some sellers on Ali Express are actually the OEM for the product and you can tell by their postings, pictures and descriptions. I got a few items and compared them to the ones in store, and seriously, there was NO difference. I could have paid $198 in store for this one necklace and instead scored it online for $34.99. Now that's a deal that won't burn a hole in your pocket book. But be warned, once you start buying, you can't stop! It's so addictive. They are truly worth it though - these are beautiful statement necklaces, and they also make a great birthday or holiday present.

Let me share with you some of my favorite pieces at the moment - and yes, I own most of them now ;)  and get tons of compliments all the time...

Free Shipping  JC Tortoise and crystal pendant Wedding Party Bridesmaid Statement Beaded Bubble Bib Necklace
Tortoise & crystal - love! This is so trendy and now, yet so timeless.
This one makes you feel so sophisticated right away. Pair with black top and camel skirt -big hit!
Free Shipping  Sunwashed Aqua Crystal Compilation GEM Glass Stone Wedding Party Statement Beaded Bubble Bib Necklace
Simply stunning - this picture doesn't do it justice. It's so beautiful
Free Shipping 2013 Crystal Flower Color Mix Gem Glass  Stone Rhinestone  Statement Beaded Bib Necklace
This one is still in store and is soo pretty!
It's a bit harder to pair I find, but would look awesome with any solid color top, black, white, denim, to add that punch.
Free Shipping Red Brown Color Mix Flower Crystal GEM Stone Wedding Party Statement Beaded Bubble Bib Necklace
Another one which the pic doesn't do justice. Also in some stores still.
It's definitely a statement and looks amazing.


Free Shipping  JC Fashion  Statement  Vintage Crystal Necklace Bib  Necklace small order
This is one of the most popular J Crew necklace at the moment.
It looks beautiful in person. Has a vintage look that I adore and goes with so many things!


Free Shipping  2013 Crystal Encrusted Glass Stone  Collar Necklace in White Wedding  Bridal Statement Bib Necklace
This one is so gorgeous too!
It has similar feel to the one above but this one incl. white stones with the crystals.

 
So tell me, do you have a favorite? Next time, I think I'll post how I pair these with my outfits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment